Cruoris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you got the balls

Go down 
+5
Cataclysm
Xyrána
Quelion
Kimlin
Isolinn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Isolinn

Isolinn

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-08-10

If you got the balls Empty
PostSubject: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 14:33

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

random youtube vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pP69m2UdjA&feature=related

Hopefully the new king of MMO PvP
Back to top Go down
Kimlin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Lol   If you got the balls EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 23:22

Haha i've been following this game since July 2007!
To bad the release date has been reset to next month..
but WTB open beta first tbh..
Back to top Go down
Isolinn

Isolinn

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 13:48

I can't wait to try it out.

Finally the freedom I want from an MMO.
Definetly going Pirate on people;)

If I dont get enough from Ships and walking the plank from Burning Sea now that is:P
Back to top Go down
Quelion

Quelion

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 19:36

tell me moar plx
Back to top Go down
Xyrána

Xyrána

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 20:45

klotsjak, that sux, looks like knight online
Back to top Go down
Cataclysm

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 23:08

From comments

Quote :

Norvor (1 miesiąc temu) Wyświetl Ukryj

mikze1 (3 dni temu) Wyświetl Ukryj

feb 25, jan 22 is open beta

kek
Back to top Go down
Hiero

Hiero

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 01:25

Seriously I'm really close to buying this game as well. I like how the combat system works, oblivion like. Apperantly, you don't get uber imba either, gear will not be infinitly repairable and mounts can die.

Apperantly you only train weapon skills or stuff like that. You do not pick a class for as far as I know, or at least if you do you can modify it as you wish. For example, if you choose a mage like character, you get a series of spells and stuff. If you equip no armor but simple clothing, your spells will be cast uber fast. If you equip heavy armor, you will have an increased cast timer.

Also, for example 1 uber guy in best armor etc, can be killed by 2-3 people who just created their char. Maybe 5. So it's more RL medieval like than most other MMORPGs. Characters are solid and you do not have things such as factions. Not really.

There are like 6 races divided into 3 factions. Not everyone in a race is under one king though, a race only ties you by your looks. So if you decide to make a 'guild' sort of thing, you can build your own castle, expand and make it your own town with NPCs farming stuff for you, and selling things and so on. You can create your own country this way.

Also apperantly the game map is about the size of Belgium. Just think how long it takes in WoW to walk from Isle of Quel Danas to Booty Bay, maybe 5 hours? Means it's like 50 km. Belgium would be 300 ish from top to down.

Buuut, I feel sort of tied to WoW. I only stopped playing Warhammer cause I liked the social WoW stuff better too. Got raidgroup and guild and w/e. But maybe, maybe I'll just try out Darkfall, and very maybe leave WoW for it if it's really good Smile (i.e. melee is balanced vs casters. I've not seen that in any game yet except oblivion where you can run like a loladin and avoid spells cause they don't follow, also Blocking spells would be nice <.<)
Back to top Go down
Isolinn

Isolinn

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 11:16

Hieros description seems very fitting.

But this is a very open mmo.
There are no rules, griefing will happen, alot.
And if you want Hieros fancy armor, you kill him, and pick it up.
Hiero will then be very sad, bring his friends and kill you.

Its a full out open PvP game. There is nothing you cant do.
Back to top Go down
Hiero

Hiero

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 11:58

Let's migrate to this game Razz
Back to top Go down
Quelion

Quelion

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 15:01

dropping items are the only thing bothering me
think you'll only see people running in groups wen they get "good" gear and stuff

for the rest very interesting
Back to top Go down
Isolinn

Isolinn

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 15:40

The thing is, if you keep PKing, you will go towards the alignment Evil.
Evil people are evil people, and not so much wanted as players with good alignment.

This will discourage people from constantly killing other players.
But there are always the possibility to do so.

Imagine, you got the Fauron type there, just beeing his usual self, you get annoyed, and just smash your hammer in his head.
Imagine the feeling<3
Back to top Go down
Hiero

Hiero

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 21:03

Actually if you choose to become something like a pirate or playerkiller (killing good people), you will become a criminal and naturally that will lead to guards attacking you.
Back to top Go down
Isolinn

Isolinn

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 22:19

Hiero wrote:
Actually if you choose to become something like a pirate or playerkiller (killing good people), you will become a criminal and naturally that will lead to guards attacking you.

That depends. If say My clan controls a territory, we can enforce rules for ONLY evil people to be there. OR only good ofcourse.

Cause Continents are player controlled, and castles are run by players, and they decide who attacks what:)
Back to top Go down
OriLT

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 23:49

wouldn't mind trying, just the gameplay whitch looks realy bad how they swing the weapon and stuff... other stuff is just my taste.
Back to top Go down
Isolinn

Isolinn

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 00:23

The combat is FPS based. so no auto attack while you get a drink here.
Back to top Go down
Magiess

Magiess

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 02:28

I have to admit this game looks outstanding. I will definately buy it. And according to the site the amount of hours you spend on it won't make a huge impact so it isn't too time demanding. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arkihelos

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptySat Jan 24 2009, 06:01

Me and Iso have talked this game over, and are trying it out as far as we know. We are to capture a island out on the sea and build a fortress and become pirates. If you want, you can become swashbucklers and eat and drink rum there. pirat
Back to top Go down
Isolinn

Isolinn

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls EmptyMon Jan 26 2009, 11:18

Arkihelos wrote:
Me and Iso have talked this game over, and are trying it out as far as we know. We are to capture a island out on the sea and build a fortress and become pirates. If you want, you can become swashbucklers and eat and drink rum there. pirat

Yarr!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you got the balls   If you got the balls Empty

Back to top Go down

If you got the balls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruoris :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: